Creative Take Medical's Blog

Snapchat for Plastic Surgery Marketing

Snapchat for Plastic Surgery Marketing | Online Marketing | ChicagoSnapchat has emerged as one of the popular social media platforms across various age groups. Ads on Snapchat garner up to a million views a days, and their video views now often exceed those of Facebook’s. With a majority of users accessing social media via mobile phones, Snapchat has another advantage because three out of five smartphone owners now use Snapchat.

For a plastic surgeon looking to promote their practice over social media, Snapchat’s reach and accessibility offers an attractive option. Although many plastic surgery professionals continue to assume that only selective people would be interested in their practice, and social media is not the best fit for them, but some Snapchat users are proving them wrong.

One of the leading examples is of Dr. Miami, who is from the cosmetic surgery industry, and who has scored a huge advantage over his peers with the help of Snapchat. His Snapchat receives an astonishing 100,000 views per hour on average. CreativeTake Medical can help and guide plastic surgeons who want to seize the opportunity and reach out to their target audience via social media channels such as Snapchat and others.

 

Benefits and Limitations

For cosmetic surgeons who are completely new to Snapchat, here is a small list of pros and cons to consider:

Pros

  • It can help your practice brand achieve a more human-like feel on a digital platform.
  • It can present and promote the plastic surgeon’s credentials and expertise through testimonials of past patients.
  • It can provide information and spread awareness about the surgeon’s practice as well as new procedures for prospective patients.
  • It enables the surgeon to be more communicative and transparent with their target audience.
  • It can help to encourage and reassure people who are reluctant to consider cosmetic surgery.

 

Cons

  • The unique feature of Snapchat compared to other social media channels is that it can only be viewed through an app. So, the surgeon can only reach out to committed users who have downloaded the app.
  • Snapchat has another unique characteristic that the content on the app will not be left there permanently. Therefore, it can be an exhausting exercise to regularly update fresh content.

Plastic surgeons should also be aware that nearly 70 percent of Snapchat users are in the age group of 18 to 35. However, the remaining 30 percent are likely to be in the older age groups.

 

Tips for Success on Snapchat

  • Provide access to a live surgery to showcase the surgeon’s work. Obtain advance consent of the interested viewers, have music playing in the background during surgery, and have the surgeon talk about the procedure.
  • Promote treatments and procedures through contests and special promotions. Provide exclusive offers such as: “Use this exclusive Snapchat code to receive 20% off on Botox.”
  • Designate specific days for a Q&A session, where you encourage viewers to send in their questions via Snapchat.

The innovative marketing experts at CreativeTake Medical are helping many plastic surgeons and other medical professionals transform their practices through cutting edge digital marketing techniques.

CreativeTakeMedical.com Services

Comments are closed.