Instagram is a very popular digital platform where over 300 million users share their videos, photos, and stories every day. Instagram has grown tremendously in recent years, and this has presented marketers and business owners with one important question-how can Instagram help their businesses grow?
Some useful tips are as follows:
Create a Compelling Instagram Bio
Two-tenths of a second is all that it takes for a person to develop an impression about an online brand. Therefore, it is vital to create a strong first impression with the content of your Instagram bio and profile.
An effective Instagram bio should include:
- Provide information about you/your business
- Appeal to your target audiences
- Engage with your community through your brand tone and voice
Include a Link
As this is the only place on Instagram where a person can share a clickable link to their bio, it is super valuable real estate.
Some proven strategies are:
- A majority of Instagram accounts use this link to direct the user to their homepage.
- Other users link their Instagram profile to landing pages that are campaign specific or individual content.
- Many businesses routinely update their link to drive users to their latest content.
Develop an Instagram Business Profile
Recently, Instagram introduced a variety of business tools to help businesses understand their followers and increase their businesses on Instagram.
Upon converting to a Business profile, the user will be able to include details on their business on their profile. For instance, users can add an email address, a phone number, and their company’s physical address.
Use Recognizable Profile Pictures
It is essential for people to choose a profile picture that they immediately recognize on visiting the Instagram profile. A majority of businesses choose one of the following options to achieve this goal:
- Logomark (the logo without any words)
There is no right or wrong way of doing this, and you do not have to restrict yourself to one of the above options. However, it is an astute idea to assess what will help individuals who visit your page to recognize your brand immediately.
The target audience can understand when to expect new content with consistency in posting content. Being consistent can help you maximize audience engagement without any stretches minus updates or lulls. Instagram strategies should have a clear schedule for post frequency to enable you to remain on track.
According to a study by Union Metrics, a majority of brands post to Instagram every day. The average, in fact, was 1.5 posts daily.
Evaluate your Most Successful Posts
It is vital to be tuned into what is working and what does not work on Instagram. An ideal way to do this is by checking your Instagram analytics for the following:
- Which post are most well-received by audiences in terms of likes
- How does the number of posts you share affect your audience engagement
- What posts do you get the most comments on
Instagram provides analytics within its business tools, and these features can effectively reveal some trends.