The Importance Of Social Media Marketing For The Medical Practice
In today’s technology-driven society, the internet is the one of the primary resource patients use when searching for a medical provider. According to a 2013 Pew Internet and American Life survey, “81% of U.S. adults use the internet and 59% say they have looked online for health information in the past year.” Additionally, “73% of online adults now use social networking sites.” These telling statistics demonstrate the power that eMarketing and social media campaigns have to influence patient choices for medical service providers, and reinforce the importance of social media as a key tool to create a trustworthy and established internet presence for your medical practice.
Social media provides a direct means of communication with potential patients, who frequently look to sites such as Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter when selecting a healthcare professional for themselves or their family members. An effective social media marketing campaign can:
- Forge new relationships with patients and help to expand the practice
- Build and fortify a medical practice’s brand and reputation
- Boost the number of patient-to-patient referrals
- Differentiate a practice from competing service providers
- Maximize the practice’s online visibility and internet presence
Why Choose CreativeTake Medical?
Social media marketing for the medical practice involves a number of elements that are unique to the healthcare industry. There are a multitude of medical and legal details to take into consideration when structuring such a campaign. A campaign that does not account for these pertinent industry-specific variables may incur negative legal and financial consequences for the practice. Medical professionals tend to have very busy schedules, and may not have the time or expertise necessary to create an effective social media campaign for their practice.
Fortunately, the social media experts at CreativeTake Medical are equipped to create and execute social media marketing campaigns that are customized to meet the specific needs of each medical practice, and work closely with clients to ensure the lasting success of the campaign. The CreativeTake team members possess extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry as a whole, which allows them to offer the following benefits to their clients:
- Wide-ranging healthcare industry knowledge base, and first-hand insider experience working as medical practice managers and owners
- Comprehensive understanding of the legal aspects surrounding patient confidentiality, HIPPA statutes, and internet-based social media marketing
- Vast marketing skillset, which includes how to use social media to enhance search engine optimization (SEO) by engaging clients with thoughtful and current blog entries, and back-linked posts to the provider’s website
- The ability to drive internet traffic to the provider’s website with: proper site design; easy navigation; clear call to actions; value-added benefits; and informative, understandable content
- Broad social media marketing strategy designed to boost the value of the provider’s website and increase its search engine ranking
- In-depth knowledge of the latest trends pertaining to the “big four” social media platforms (Facebook, Google+, Twitter and LinkedIn), as well as how to maximize marketing efforts using newer social media platforms (i.e. Pinterest, Instagram, Vine, Flickr and Tumblr)
If you are interested in learning how CreativeTake Medical can help you to grow your medical practice with a strategically designed social media marketing campaign, please contact our office today.